
Today it's exactly 2 weeks ago that I arrived in the camp.
Today it feels like I've lived here for more then a few months.
Completely submerged in the surfcamp-family and running around like a blue-assed fly helping out every other guy and his dog and generally smiling my way through.
I like this life here.
A wee bit busy, but the circumstances have changed so drastically since I've arrived here, it's gottabe done and it was meant to be, thats for sure..
We were talking the other day how it would've been if I wouldn't have been here now.
Chaos, stress, tears:)
neeeeh, they would've found a way around the fact that the main instructor/owner/boss has her leg in a plastercast..
Nevertheless, i'm appreciated here. Which is a nice feeling.
Slowly I'm finding out the flow of the surf, the waves, the watermovements, the force of nature.
Aiaiai, tumbling around inside a wave, eyes closed-contacts- and breathing out all the way is a new adventure for me and my previous waterfear..
It is not the way to breathe I guess, when you dont know when you'll surface again:)
But years of diving have imprinted this reflex into my system: never hold the breath.
So I learn, live and learn some more. Live it up, learn some more. Love it all..
The word of the massage-sessions I offer here is spreading quickly. 5 to 6 a week, more if I wanted it. But I don't :)
I kinda like a little teeny bit of time for myself in the evening, before collapsing in my own sweet room with no people around.
I escape to the backbalcony, where no guests come and no-one can see me. Here I take my breaks from people. Propped up in a corner, legs in the sun or wrapped up in warm clothes at night. Staring at the sky, checking out the moon and pondering about what the * is happening to me all the time.
Here and there and everywhere, my 10th country this year and home as much as everywhere else.
What is it with my life that there's always so many people around.
Where I keep saying I crave peace&quiet, time for myself to study and retreat, I end up in buzzing families everywhere I go, beautiful and strenuous sometimes.
In the next half hour I'm gonna go take the car
-nicknamed the Limo, as the other one is dubbed the Tractor-
pick up the horrendous sandwiches they call lunch here, bring em to the kids on the beach and come back to the house.
I promised Katrijn I'd take her for a spin as she's going bananas hopping around the house all day every day..
After that, one of the surfguides is coming for a massage and after that I'm going to a different surfcamp in the next village to attend a collegues yogaclass in the forest.
She and I are going to provide a yogaclass at a big surfevent coming friday, with a stage&mic and all. So it's better if I know her style a bit so we can work together better.. plus, following a class instead of giving on is exciting me more then I expected haha!!
And then it'll be sleep finally..
Waking up tomorrow for a brand new day with brand new adventures cos yup, here too it counts: better live in the now, cos everything changes ALL the flippin time..
Better not plan and just roll with it.
So this is what I do, as good as I can, staying attentive to all the planning that goes on in my head all the friggin time. And laughing about it as much as I can.
love and peace to all,
and sometimes please, just take a moment to experience the beauty of our planet, she rules!!
Pura Vida!!

No comments:
Post a Comment